Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Taking a Vote

I'm taking a vote from you, my readers, to help me figure out what I should do here this fall. All along, I'd been planning to post a new ghost story on this site between now and Thanksgiving. However, while packing to move, I came across a hard copy of a story I wrote based on Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House that has comments from a friend on it. In re-reading it with her comments, I've decided I'd like to re-work it a little. I'd told Stef over at So Many Books that I'd share it with her, since she just finished reading Jackson, but maybe others would like to read it. So here's the vote. Choose one:

1. A brand new story (most likely with a moving theme)

2. A re-working of the old story
(Note: you may only vote for one. I'm still up to my neck in boxes and have yet to meet any friendly ghosts in the cemetery willing to write for me.)

I'll tally up over the next few days and then begin. Stay tuned...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jackson story. No reason, except that Hill House has always bothered me in many ways.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

A new story. I have never read a complete story of yours!

5:14 PM  
Blogger mandarine said...

The old story will be new to me, so no help from me on this decision.
However, I am under the impression that writing a completely new story would need more effort, and you have other things to do (like unpacking and blogging)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Rebecca H. said...

I vote for #2 -- it sounds quite good.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Emily Barton said...

Looks like #2 is winning thus far (sorry, Becky). And you're right, Mandarine, it might be a little easier to start with something already done.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home